I’ve just signed up on Dropbox and will house all of the art, music and releases of all current and future WingedPuma games and projects there.
This includes, but is not limited to, the Alpha releases of Dominance.Number 01 of which is now available from the Dominance Releases page.
In this, the very first, Dominance alpha…
- There is support for multiple collision boxes, although only one is there.
- You can run around and jump!
- There is also a (very basic) AI controlled character that can also run left and right and jump to attempt to get up obstacles in front of him/her. And it just so happens to be that he is Turner, guest starring from the indie game Overgrowth, made by Wolfire Games.
- There is a clothing system that is currently not accessible in-game, but is visible by the clothing the two characters come wearing in the release. You can see in the Textures folder that the clothing and character sprites are separate sheets.
- You can modify any of the textures used. They are under Dominance->Data->Textures. There is some info about this in the readme.txt, but be aware that each character needs a height offset, which isn’t currently user-definable, in order to be displayed in the proper location.
- There is an XML file under Data->Levels that you can open and modify. It currently only supports loading of a single collision block and attempting to load more is likely to either cause a crash or simply overwrite the first one. It will be simple to add more functionality in XML loading soon.